The Centre for Intellectual property Rights (CIPR) was established by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun with an aim to promote the knowledge in areas of Intellectual Property Rights and ensure that students, academicians and all IP enthusiasts at large get an opportunity to know about the recent developments, and extensive research being conducted in the field of Intellectual Property Rights. Established in August 2021, the CIPR consists of members representing each School of the University.
Chairperson: Dr. Vijay Singh, Dean of School of Law, UPES.
• Dr. K.M.Reddy (School of Engineering, SoE)
• Dr. Manish Gupta (School of Health Sciences SoHS)
• Dr. Surajit Mondal R&D
• Dr. Ravi Patel UPES Council for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
• Mr. Abhijit Kumar (School of Computer Science SoCS)
• Dr. Rajesh Tripathi (School of Business SoB)
• Latika Choudhary (School of Law SoL) (Coordinator)
Objective of the Centre
CIPR, UPES primarily seeks to create awareness and offer assistance to academicians, researchers, entrepreneurs, and innovators to identify, preserve and utilize Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) effectively. And with this vision, we have successfully hosted many IP related events.