Centre for Energy, Environment, and Sustainability Studies (CEESS) is a constituent think tank and research centre of excellence of School of Business, UPES. Its primary aim is to promote multidisciplinary research in areas of Economics, Environment, Energy, Globalization, Trade, Transport, Supply chain and Sustainable Development. Considering the Environmental policies of the country against thriving energy requirement and demand for infrastructure development in achieving high economic growth needs a balanced approach that can be derived from informed and effective research and development. Given what has been said, CEESS will be a major player to suggest policy reforms, as a result of its R&D that will help the policymakers to achieve sustainable development goals. Along with the vision of “Make in India” and “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan”, CEESS through its research and publication will assist policymakers to design their policies towards self-dependence, generation of employment and increasing value-addition with new initiatives to support both the manufacturing and services sectors and improving the ‘ease of doing business’ in the country.
The centre will promote research on issues pertaining to the economy, energy, environment, and society in the context of trade, transport and globalization with a specific focus on sustainable development. Centre will help suggest strategies for the implementation of energy, environmental and economic policies through R&D that will help policymakers to design effective policies for the country and the rest of the world.
BROAD RESEARCH THEMES
• The broad themes that will be primary areas of research at CEESS are:
• Energy Business: Renewable and Non-renewable energy business
• Business and Sustainable Development
• Environmental Economics and Energy
• Climate Change Economics and Policy
• Economics and Business Studies
• Transportation and Green Supply Chain Management
• Trade, Environment and Globalization
• Marketing Management and Energy Business
• Public Policy and Governance
FUNCTIONS OF THE CENTRE
• To promote Research and Development
• To promote international and national research collaborations
• To promote to submit joint funded research proposals
• To promote interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research
• To conduct research workshops, seminars, conference, panel discussions, and guest/distinguished lectures
• To help in disseminating research output through publication, workshop, seminar etc.
• Building a network with industry, research think tank, ministry at the national and international level for joint research collaboration and funding.